Duties of Officers
Duties of the officers
1. Oversees the entire operation of the chapter.
2. The President serves as the liaison between the advisors and the members.
3. Presides over all meetings and directs the work of the chapter.
4. Plans agendas with the advisor.
5. Appoints special committees.
1. Assists the President in directing the activities of the chapter.
2. Serve as the presiding officer in the absence of the President.
3. The Vice President will help the President with meetings and will help to keep general order.
4. The Vice President will take member attendance at meetings.
5. Oversees all committee operations and approves committee reports prior to meetings.
6. Performs other assigned duties that might pertain to the office.
1. Keeps and distributes minutes of all meetings. Responsible for typing up the minutes of each meeting, submitting them to the advisors for approval, and then distributing a copy of the minutes to each member.
2. Receives, reports, and replies for chapter correspondence. Secretary will create press releases and news bulletins for NJHS functions, fundraisers, and activities. Secretary will oversee the creation of posters for NJHS functions, fundraisers, and activities. Responsible for written correspondence to and from the chapter, such as thank you letters to thank people that help, volunteer, or donate time, money, or items to NJHS activities.
3. Produces and distributes meeting agendas.
4. Serves as the media contact for the chapter. Responsible for checking with the advisors at the beginning of each week to see if there are any morning announcements that need to be made for that week. The Secretary shall write up morning announcements and give them to the advisors for approval.
1. Reports to chapter regarding financial status.
2. Develops and submits an annual budget with guidance from faculty advisor.
3. Performs other assigned duties that might pertain to the office.
1. The Historian is responsible for memorializing and promoting NJHS ideals, activities, fundraisers,and functions.
2. The Historian takes pictures of events, meetings, and functions, then will upload the pictures taken onto the Chapter Adviser's computer.
3. Responsible for maintaining and updating bulletin boards with current events, pictures, announcements, meeting minutes, etc.
4. Assist the secretary in overseeing the creation of posters for NJHS functions, fundraisers, and activities.