Welcome to Bear Branch Junior High's Counselor Corner
We are looking forward to the 2023-2024 school year. Use the navigation tabs below to access the information you need.
- Course Selection 2023-2024
- New Students to BBJH
- Off-Campus P.E
- Community Resources for Mental Help
- Suicide Prevention
- Dating Violence
- Office Use 8th
- Course Selection Powerpoint 23-24
- 7th Grade Course Request Form 23-24
- 8th Grade Course Request Form 23-24
- Course Descriptions Handbook 23-24
- Advanced Course Commitment Contract 23-24
- Grades 6-10 Advanced Course Guidance
- Course Verification Letter -Spanish
Magnolia ISD Off-Campus Physical Education Program Information
For more information about Off-Campus PE Program Information, click the button below to visit the district website.
Mental/Behavioral Health Services Locator - http://liberty.tx.networkofcare.org/mh/index.aspx
Tri-County Behavioral Healthcare - http://www.tricountyservices.org/
- What is Tri-County? A comprehensive mental health service that offers many mental and behavioral health services locally.
- How do I access these services? Walk-In Clinic is open Monday - Thursday 8 am - 9:30 at 233 Sgt. Ed Holcomb Blvd. South, Conroe, TX (936)521-6100
- Speak to your campus counselor for pre-referral information
Yes to Youth - https://www.sayyestoyouth.org/
- FREE Local Counseling - Shelter - Empowerment
- Magnolia Office - 31335 Friendship Dr. Magnolia, TX (281)259-0440
- The Woodlands Office - 8701 New Trails Suite 118 The Woodlands, TX (281)292-6471
- National Alliance of Mental Illness (NAMI) of Greater Houston offers ongoing support groups for family members of those diagnosed with mental health conditions. No registration is required. Locations in Tomball and The Woodlands.
Mosaics of Mercy - https://mosaicsofmercy.com/
- Helping families navigate mental health needs
- (346) 703-0051
Mental Health Informational Sites:
Specific to Trauma/Grief:
- If you need immediate assistance, call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-TALK (8255) or tell Siri on your smartphone you feel you or someone wants to kill themself and it will connect you immediately. Do not leave a suicidal person alone.
- Crisis Text Line - text LISTEN to 741741 about ANY painful emotion you feel in which you need support
- Tri-County Behavioral Health Services is our local mental health service organization - their 24-hour crisis line is (800)659-6994
- Additional Resources:
Emotional & Behavioral Strategies Sites:
Kids Health for Emotional and Behavior Information - https://kidshealth.org/en/parents/emotions/?WT.ac=p-nav-emotions#catschool
Secondary - Parent-Teen Connect - https://www.parenteenconnect.org/
Children’s Safe Harbor https://childrenssafeharbor.org/ - 936-756-4644
Your local Children’s Advocacy Center
Al-Anon Alcohol Resource - https://al-anon.org/
SOS (Society of Samaritans) - https://www.societyofsamaritanstx.org/
- Offers financial hardship crisis assistance, food assistance, clothing and household goods, holiday giving, and job services
- Location: 31355 Friendship Drive, Suite 500 Magnolia, TX 77355
TOMAGUA - http://tomagwa.org/home
- Provides medical assistance at a low to no cost
- Magnolia Location: 18230 Farm Market Road 1488, Suite 230 Magnolia, TX 77354 Patients seen by appointment only. Clinic Hours: Monday - Thursday 8:30am - 5:00pm
If you need immediate assistance, call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-TALK (8255), or tell Siri on your smartphone that you feel you or someone wants to kill themselves and it will connect you immediately. Do not leave a suicidal person alone.
Crisis Text Line - text LISTEN to 741741 about ANY painful emotion you feel in which you need support
Tri-County Behavioral Health Services is our local mental health service organization - their 24 hour crisis line is (800)659-6994
- Additional Resources:
What is Dating Violence?
Dating violence is a pattern of controlling behaviors that one partner uses against another in order to gain power in the relationship. The abuser can behave in ways that cause fear, isolation, shame and/or humiliation. Dating violence can be physical, mental, emotional or a combination of all three.