BBJH Band Upcoming Events
Band Parent Meeting 4:00 BBJH Band Hall
Sound Waves Competition in New Braunfels and trip to Schlitterbahn
7th graders end of year summative playing grade/band auditions for next year begins.
8th graders end of year summative playing grade/band auditions for next year begins.
Swim Party for students continuing in BBJH Band for 2016-2017
Spring Concert at Magnolia High School
(Required for all BBJH Band students)
Parent meeting for 8th graders going into HS Band
7:00 PM MHS Commons (mandatory)
Be sure to scroll through this email for End of Year information and
(They were passed out in class.)
Thank you so much to the parents who volunteer their time to help with our kids success!
Bear Branch Junior High Band Concert
May 23rd, 2016
Wear: Nice Dress clothes. No jeans, shorts, t-shirts, etc.
Bring: Performance instrument, black 3 ring music binder
Cadet/Beginner Band: Report: at 6:40 on the stage
Concert Band: Report: at 6:50 in the band hall
Symphonic Band Report: at 6:50 in the choir room
Honor Band: Report: at 6:50 in the cafeteria
This is a co curricular graded performance (all students are eligible). We are looking forward to a great performance from everyone.
Spring Concert Letter
I understand this is a co-curricular graded performance. Everyone is expected to perform.
Name __________________ Band _____________
Student Signature Parent Signature
Schlitterbahn Trip Schedule
May 14, 2016
4:40 AM Arrive at BBJH load bus check attendance
5:00 AM Depart for New Braunfels 9th Grade Center
8:30 AM Arrive New Braunfels 9th Grade Center
8:50 AM Cadet/Beginner Bands Warm-Up
9:15AM Cadet/Beginner Bands Perform. Concert Band Warm-Up
9:40 AM Concert Band Performs. Symphonic Band Warm-Up
10:05 AM Symphonic Band Performs. Honor Band Warm-Up
10:30 AM Honor Band Performs
11:15 AM Depart for Schlitterbahn. Establish Home base at Schlitterbahn.
1:00-3:00 Check in when you eat lunch at Surfenburg Pavilion
6:00 PM Check in, Awards Ceremony Surfenburg Pavilion, change clothes
7:00 PM Depart for BBJH
Stop at Buc-ee’s (opportunity to buy snacks)
11:45 PM Arrive at BBJH everyone help unload.
11:55 PM ALL students should be picked-up!!!
- Band Shirt (Students will change into swimsuits for Schlitterbahn at the park.)
- Closed toe shoes
- Performance instrument
- mouthpiece, reeds, etc.
- Breakfast and snacks. Drinks with screw top lid.
- Swimsuit Guys: board shorts or close proximity to the knee (enough said) Girls: One piece suit preferred, tankini ok, other two piece suits must be worn with a t-shirt.
- Swim shoes
- Light jacket/sleep type pants for ride home - if sunburned more comfortable than shorts/jeans. Also don’t forget buses can get cold.
- Small blanket and travel pillow
- All meds must be in original containers and handed to chaperone. This includes inhalers, (unless they have permission to carry it at school) prescriptions and OTC meds, such as sinus/pain relievers, etc.
- Money- One meal is included. Any additional snack or meal is student provided. Students will receive a Schlitterbahn Sound Waves beach towel the following week but any other purchases must be covered by the student.
On the bus
- All students will remain seated while the bus is in motion.
- Students may visit with students who are near them with inside voice.
- Students may listen to and play electronic devices with headphones as long as the content is appropriate.
- Only movies with a rating of G or PG will be shown and subject to director approval.
- Students may not share blankets.
- If we stop for some reason, students may only go where instructed.
At the park
- Swimsuits must be appropriate or a dark colored shirt will be worn to cover.
- Students must remain in groups of 4 or more. Any student(s) found without the proper number in their group will be assigned to a chaperone for the remainder of the day.
- Students may change groups while in the park.
- Check-Ins- If a student misses a check-in they will be assigned to a chaperone the rest of the day.
- Students must follow all rules established by the park, MISD Student Code of Conduct, and BBJH Band.
- No one is allowed to leave the park.
- A chaperon will be at home base at all times. If you need help, ask. These parents have given up their Saturday to help us on the band trip, any respect problems will be dealt with very seriously.
The MISD Student Code of Conduct, BBJH, and Band Expectations will be followed at all times.
Have fun but be smart and use common sense.
I have read and understand the procedures and expectations for the band trip on May 14th.
Including the MISD Student Code of Conduct, BBJH, and Band Expectations.
Updates will be sent Via Remind101 while we are on the trip. To receive these updates
text @schlitte to 81010 (this is the phone number)
Student Name ____________________________________________________
Student Signature _________________________________________________
Parent Signature ___________________________________________________
Phone Number where I can be reached while my child is on the trip
BBJH Band Swim Party
for students who will be in the BBJH Band in 2016-2017
May 20th, 2016
7:30 p.m. – 9:30 p.m.
Magnolia HS Natatorium
You are invited to a Pool Party on Friday, May 20th to celebrate your commitment to the Bear Branch Band program! The event will take place from 7:30 p.m. – 9:30 p.m. at the Magnolia HS Natatorium. There will be snacks and fun, so we’d love to have you all come!
We will have lifeguards there, and students will need to obey all of the natatorium rules -i.e. no running around the pool….Students who swim will need to wear appropriate swimwear. Girls, if you wear a bikini, you need to have a colored t-shirt over it. No cut-offs allowed. You may bring water toys; we will let you know if they can be used when the pool staff sees them. NO FLIPPERS or WATER GUNS.
Parents, you are also encouraged to come and meet other band parents. Our Bear Branch Band Boosters are hosting the party. If you would like to volunteer, please let us know.
Looking forward to a successful year!
Woodwinds & Percussion: SNACKS -i.e. fruit tray, chips & dip, etc.
Trumpets & French Horns : DRINKS – i.e. 2 liter bottles
Low Brass: Cookies, brownies, cupcakes, etc.
Be sure to stay up to date on your child’s grades and progress in their classes on gradespeed.
Summer Band Camps
**Consider letting your child attend a summer band camp...most universities offer them and your child would be in the Middle/Junior High level...they can be fun and rewarding.
I hope you have been enjoying hearing your child practice at home! If you have not heard them practicing, please ask - "where is your instrument?" and "will you please play for me - I'd like to hear what you are working on?"....Please encourage them if they are struggling and if you have any questions, please contact me or their other band directors.
*If your child is struggling or needs a challenge, consider purchasing SMART MUSIC for your home computer.